The pierogi (dumplings) products were produced on various dates prior to September 19, 2014 and include lot numbers #4262 and below. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF Only)]
- 11.5-oz. white plastic tray packages containing 6 pieces of “Polana Beef Pierogi” with product code 608.
- 11.5-oz. white plastic tray packages containing 12 pieces of “Polana Beef Pierogi” with product code 108.
- 14-oz. white plastic tray packages containing 6 pieces of “Polana Potato and Bacon Pierogi” with product code 630.
- 14-oz. white plastic tray packages containing 12 pieces of “Polana Potato and Bacon Pierogi” with product code 130.
- 14-oz. white plastic tray packages of “Polana Chicken Pierogi” with product code 126.
The problem was discovered by an FSIS investigator during routine surveillance when the investigator noticed that the packaging lacked ingredient labels and /or the mark of inspection.
FSIS and the company have received no reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall can contact the Kasia’s Deli Inc. at (312) 666-2900.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
|USDA Recall Classifications|
|Class I||This is a health hazard situation where there is a reasonable probability that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death.|
|Class II||This is a health hazard situation where there is a remote probability of adverse health consequences from the use of the product.|
|Class III||This is a situation where the use of the product will not cause adverse health consequences.|